New Computer

General forum open to members and guests alike

New Computer

Postby Jazzie » 28 May 2016 18:03

Hi Guys,
My computer died and today just a new one it extremely quiet hope to talk you all again soon.

Stu
Jazzie

Main character: Caitlan

Re: New Computer

Postby Werten » 31 May 2016 17:44

Sorry about the old one, grats on the new one! :p
Werten
Site Admin

Main character: Werten
Alt characters: Boriorn, Pharamond, Jamfast, Artirith, Eolwulf, Wergrim, Birna and Harbard (LotRO)
Cy'rene, Bamboozle and Varl'a (SW:TOR)

Postby George » 24 Sep 2016 10:27

So I took my laptop to the repair shop. Will get an update around next week wednesday or thursday.
The guy said he mostly worry about the keyboeard. We will see. If there is need to order a part it might take up to 3 weeks to arriwe. Meanwhile I will try to revive my desktop over the weekend. Will keep you updated.
George
Officer

Main character: Serefina
Alt characters: Lilile, Kutiel, Serefyna, Milille, Syff, Serephina, Covergirl, Shienna
Sith: Söze, Jezula, Zaphina, Kenz, Downtown

Postby George » 26 Sep 2016 20:17

I found this while getting the new install going. Not sure you guys know this, but I was shocked that the original settings indeed were terrible.

- In SWTOR folder find launcher settings, and change P2PEnabled to true (opiginal setting false)

- Also change (in launcher settings) download rate to 10 (Original setting 0!!! unbelievable)

Check your downolad speed at next update and be amazed, My new install went with the max speed my internet allowes mostly.

BTW game is installed so should be good now. I just hope my desktop is stable enough because sometimes it thinks quite a lot.
We will see.
George
Officer

Main character: Serefina
Alt characters: Lilile, Kutiel, Serefyna, Milille, Syff, Serephina, Covergirl, Shienna
Sith: Söze, Jezula, Zaphina, Kenz, Downtown

Postby Werten » 27 Sep 2016 13:54

I'll have to look at those settings. Good to hear your backup desktop is alive :D
Werten
Site Admin

Main character: Werten
Alt characters: Boriorn, Pharamond, Jamfast, Artirith, Eolwulf, Wergrim, Birna and Harbard (LotRO)
Cy'rene, Bamboozle and Varl'a (SW:TOR)

Return to General