SWTOR Next Expansion is Knights of the Fallen Empire

Re: SWTOR Next Expansion is Knights of the Fallen Empire

Postby Swessy » 10 Jul 2015 15:50

I don't get what the big deal is. Yes, it's always nice to get brand new stuff to do, but they've said new ops are coming, just not in the x-pack. And making nine -9- ops + a single raidboss relevant again can't possible be a bad thing.
Swessy

Main character: Jaffas
Alt characters: Voignus, Sve'so, Lysoso, Ta'zar, Untutus, Zushinda, Gandato, Froippi.

Lotro: Swessy (main)

Postby Justly » 11 Jul 2015 02:27

Swessy wrote:I don't get what the big deal is. Yes, it's always nice to get brand new stuff to do, but they've said new ops are coming, just not in the x-pack. And making nine -9- ops + a single raidboss relevant again can't possible be a bad thing.

Its not a bad thing , if u are a new player that is or u havent done much of the old fps/ops . I honestly dont mind some of the old stuff(mostly some of the old lvl 50 fps) , but making u do the same content u did few years ago without any changes , can be a bit annoying , if not discouraging for many players . I feel meh about this , new end game content on release or few weeks after is todays norm in mmos.
Justly

Main character: Justly

Postby Swessy » 11 Jul 2015 09:22

Yeah i can see that, but they have also said that new ops/fp's will be coming. So it's not like it's never coming. On the forums people are acting like it will never come. Especially since VERY few guilds have cleared the current tier ops yet after what i've gathered?
Swessy

Main character: Jaffas
Alt characters: Voignus, Sve'so, Lysoso, Ta'zar, Untutus, Zushinda, Gandato, Froippi.

Lotro: Swessy (main)

Postby Justly » 12 Jul 2015 02:25

Found this on mmochamp , from few days ago

Shameful copy from reddit poster bstr413:

Lots of reiteration of stuff that we heard before, but some new stuff:
Fresh level 60's will get gear, abilities, and skills.
Chapter 1 is set up as a story-driven tutorial to remind people how to play or teach new level 60's.
Free character slot for subs for your 1 free instant level 60. (Dev post from before stated that we will get 2 free character slots for subs.)
Reiteration of this expansion is only for subs: no way to buy expansion.
This expansion is "Season 1:" the 16 chapters through July 2016. "Season 2" will start a little while later. Similar to how Guild Wars 2 releases content.
Core game is being revamped: this includes rewards, companions, and crafting.
Not sure if this includes stuff from previous expansions: they didn't understand this question.
Chapter 1 and 2 will be before the Zakull Empire takes over. The demo they showed at E3 was Chapter 3.
There will be new "MMO stuff:" PvP, Flashpoints, ect. No specifics announced yet: they are focusing on the story aspect of the expansion right now since that appeals to the majority of gamers and is the biggest change.
Crafting cap is being raised in the expansion.
Expansion will have new quest mechanics. Cameras will move in dialog.
They are continually making engine improvements: they will make more with the new expansion, but not a total revamp. The 2 people being interviewed don't know when or if they will upgrade to DirectX 12: it is being covered by a different department. They are happy with the improvements made in the last few patches. (They are still going to make more.)
Justly

Main character: Justly

Previous

Return to News and announcements