PVP-Changes

PVP-Changes

Postby Swessy » 30 May 2015 02:48

Dunno if you have seen it yet, but here it is:

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/28/swtor-upcom ... interview/

So. what do the guys/gals in our guild already playing pvp think ? And would these changes give some of you who don't pvp the inscentive to try it out? :)
Swessy

Main character: Jaffas
Alt characters: Voignus, Sve'so, Lysoso, Ta'zar, Untutus, Zushinda, Gandato, Froippi.

Lotro: Swessy (main)

Re: PVP-Changes

Postby George » 31 May 2015 14:11

It is the badly needed change in pvp as long as gear goes, finally it will be easier to gear up in pvp. Not shure how i feel about the aoe changes, is aoe doesnt stop capture will it also affect disarming the bomb on doors in voidstar? We'll see, but gear is good news.
When 3.3 will come online? Is it worth to spend ranked comms or worth to farm them?
George
Officer

Main character: Serefina
Alt characters: Lilile, Kutiel, Serefyna, Milille, Syff, Serephina, Covergirl, Shienna
Sith: Söze, Jezula, Zaphina, Kenz, Downtown

Postby Swessy » 31 May 2015 22:32

I think the Aoe changes could give us interesting new dynamics, it`s shouldn`t be as easy as it is to defend against several attacking people on a node. The downside is for warzones like Novare and potentially voidstar. Still, think it will be more shifting games where nodes go more back and forth, wich to me is more fun than the dragged out stalemates.

When the patch goes live we don't know yet. If it's roughly 10 weeks between updates that would be in the 2 first weeks of july?
Swessy

Alt characters: Voignus, Sve'so, Lysoso, Ta'zar, Untutus, Zushinda, Gandato, Froippi.

Postby George » 03 Jun 2015 12:37

What's you opinion on comms? Got some chars wit lots of ranked comms, but I wonder how the transition will be. So no more ranked coms, wz comms will cap at 200.000 and they will exchange ranked to wz in 1:1 ratio. Wonder how much the set pieces will be? Would they raise the "price" a bit or is it gonna stay the same?
Anyway if its still about a month away probably gonna reach lvl 60 with my shadow(58 atm) as well and spend the comms.
As I understand the reason they doing this is to be easier to get good gear for pvp and that would be good as I see many ppl doing warzones in 192 pve gear and they pissed that they drop fast. LOL
George
Officer

Main character: Serefina
Alt characters: Lilile, Kutiel, Serefyna, Milille, Syff, Serephina, Covergirl, Shienna
Sith: Söze, Jezula, Zaphina, Kenz, Downtown

Postby Swessy » 03 Jun 2015 17:37

The prices on the gear will be reduced :) Both the Exhumed and Dark Reaver sets. The dark reaver sets will be reduced at least by the fact that they cost warzone commendations instead. Dunno if they will reduce even further on those.

Here is the official blogpost about it:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-economy-a ... update-3.3

EDIT: 3.3 will arrive 21st of july, along with the Yavin stronghold and hopefully Togruta species. (They are aiming for it for 3.3, but still working on it so can change)
Swessy

Return to News and announcements