Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Recent Topics

Welcome

Welcome to Tranquility! We are a casual guild for mature gamers operating in the games Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO) and Star Wars: The Old Republic (SW:TOR).

As a casual guild, we appreciate that we all have other obligations and there are no requirements to attendance or signups. We do however like to group up to take on harder content some times, like hard mode flashpoints/instances and ops/raids.

News

192 Barrels and Hilts

I can now craft some 192 barrels and hilts - to upgrade mainhands

192 Might Hilt (1 Matter Transubstatiator, 2 Exonium and 2 Midlithe Crystals)
192 Reflex Barrel (1 Matter Transubstatiator, 2 Exonium and 2 Verpine Fibre)
192 Skill Barrel (1 Matter Transubstantiator, 2 Exonium and 2 Verpine Fibre)

Drop me a message if you fancy an upgrade :)

Attachment(s)Scoundrels still trivializing content!

It's nice to see that in spite of all the nerfs, I am still imba!

What can I say? It's a good job I used my defensive cooldowns instead of using Disappearing Act to exit combat, which would have reset the fight. ;-)
Attachments
Last edited by Eva on 01 Mar 2015 22:33, edited 3 times in total.

New expansion - new adventures

With the new expansion we also got two new operations. On Sunday we managed to field our first 8-man ops team of level 60ies to have a look...

The Ravagers
First out was The Ravagers, an operation on the new planet Rishi. The first mob we met in there was the guard dog, Sparky:

"Well, that was easy enough", we thought. Then we ran into a few drunken pirates!

- Yarr!

(Note: No guild members were injured - here... )

The second boss (who also had a bunch of drunken pirate friends... see a theme here?) was a different story. After some wiping we decided to go on to check out the second op.

Temple of Sacrifice

The first boss - a huge Massassi - was easy enough (kill on first try), but again the second boss fight proved a bit tougher.

All in all fun, and som nice new shinies (purple 196?) implants and relics from the first bosses. Next time we'll try with a strategy :p

New Expansion coming in December!

Level cap increased to 60. Details here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20141006

Welcome to the GFS Tranquility!

As you know from earlier threads here, we have been scrambling to raise money for the upcoming Strongholds update. The result of that can now be seen at the Republic fleet: The Valor Class Cruiser, the Guild Flag Ship "Tranquility"!

You will all have a new travel option in the stronghold management window under "Guild".

Decorations
As will be evident when entering, there's very little done on decorations yet. The way it works is that players can donate decorations to the guild in the guild bank. We have some already, feel free to donate anything that could be of interest :)

Some decorations are earned through achievements, some are bought from vendors or the cartel market and others are crafted. For an overview, check out Dulfy's SWTOR Galactic Stronghold Decorations List.

Permissions
The access to the ship is regulated by the availability of a key. Each guild character will automatically have a bronze key. This gives access to the ship. A silver key allows you in addition to invite others to the ship or kick them out. A gold key gives a few more permissions: The ability to decorate, to purchase expansions to the ship and access to the command console.

So, to place or change decorations you will need to have a "gold key" to the ship. Any other of the gold key permissions require access to the guild bank as well, so as long as we control bank access I see no reason why regular members shouldn't be allowed gold key access. I have gone through the list and upgraded most active characters, but the UI is rather clunky and may have overlooked any. If you want to help on the decoration and find you miss the permissions, let me know.

Unlocks
As can be seen from e.g. Dulfy's SWTOR Guild Flagship Unlocking Costs Guide, the prices for unlocking additional parts of the flagship are pretty steep and requires both credits and crafting. For the foreseeable future I think we have enough space, but it is worth knowing what it will take to expand...

Name
For the moment, the ship is named after the guild. We have (I think) one free rename. After that additional renames can be purchased from the cartel market (1500 cc atm.)

Special mention
While many of us have pulled together to raise the cash needed for this, I'd like to give a special thank to Swessy who, I believe, singlehandedly has come up with more than half of the 50 million credits needed. *applause*